The MC31 is a performance club racer and was born from a desire to create a boat and class that gave owners and crew the most rewarding time on the water.
The MC31 features an unprecedented performance-driven hull form and carefully considered systems and deck layout, which enhance the sailing experience and make it ideal for One Design and Club Racing with Offshore Capabilities.
McConaghy Boats has invested considerable time and effort to ensure the boat and the class rules delivered on the objectives that other classes had failed to do.
Key features of the MC31 design that make the performance difference:
- No rating rule constraints “rate low go slow”
- Pure clean hull with exceptional hull form stability
- Slender high aspect low drag carbon fibre keel fin and rudder blade
- Lightweight hull deck and rig, heavy bulb
- High stability hull design combined with low centre of gravity allows for powerful yet surprisingly manageable sail plan
- Lightweight stiff and strong structures engineered by world leading composite racing yacht specialists
- Low windage and ergonomic functional flush deck design
- Large cockpit for easy crew movement
- Simple and minimalist approach to deck hardware and systems
- Design input in all areas comes from world leading specialists with decades of experience in America’s Cups, Volvo Ocean Races and other one design classes, brought together by the experienced team at McConaghy Boats
P: 13.2m | E: 3.95m | J: 3.75m
E glass, core cell vinylester resin construction.
Designed and constructed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 12215 Category A per ISAF Offshore Special Regulations. Can comply with ISAF Cat 2
Harken Deck Gear Package
McConaghy autoclave carbon fibre tiller and spinlock tiller extensions